Bananas offer multiple health benefits
Eating more bananas a week offers a variety of health benefits.Each banana has only about 105 calories . Bananas hold very little protein and almost no fat. Bananas may aid weight loss because they’re low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber.
The banana is a very commonly consumed fruit. It is delicious and easy to digest. It comes in different colors like yellow, green, red and can have different sizes. However, it is often consumed by many people around the world.
Banana contents and Benefits –
1. Potassium – This fruit is a natural source of potassium: it contains more potassium and less salt and, therefore, is useful for people with hypertension. Due to the potassium content, it is also better to eat fruit when someone is stressed or working overtime, as this can replenish potassium levels due to increased metabolic rates during stressful events.
Bananas are a great dietary source of potassium. One medium-sized banana (118 grams) contains 9% of the RDI.
A potassium-rich diet can help lower blood pressure, and people who eat plenty of potassium have up to a 27% lower risk of heart disease
* Potassium is very important to maintain balance in body fluids and electrolytes. Of course, eating bananas can be very helpful.
2. Vitamins – Bananas contain vitamin B, vitamins A and B and very low levels of vitamin C. Because they contain electrolytes, they can become an integral part of the diet of patients with diarrhea.
3 Iron – Bananas Contains iron, which is essential for the formation of hemoglobin in our body. People with anemia should eat more bananas. The banana can also act as an acid and therefore relieve a person suffering from heartburn.
4.Amino Acid -An amino acid found in bananas called tryptophan helps overcome stress by improving mood.
5.Fiber – Banana is also known for its fiber content, which improves bowel movements and overcomes the problem of constipation.
A medium-sized banana has about 3 grams of fiber, making bananas a fairly good fiber source.
Bananas contain two main types of fiber:
- Pectin: Decreases as the banana ripens.
- Resistant starch: Found in unripe bananas.
6. The greater consumption of bananas by older people protects the eyesight and reduces ocular and visual degeneration related to age.
Studies have also shown that consuming 4-5 times more bananas per week improves women’s kidney health and reduces the risk of kidney cancer by 50%, since it contains a large amount of antioxidants.