Benefits of Eating Almonds
Daily intake of 20 Almonds can provide you following benefits. 20 almonds mean 163 calories. It can be satisfying, nutritious snack or addition to your breakfast.
1. It significantly changes your gut micro biota, keeping out the bad bacteria. It helps to maintain strong intestinal barrier thus keeping out bad bacteria which causes chronic inflammation linked to many other ailments, including skin problems, Parkinson’s disease or type 2 diabetics, asthma etc.
2. Protein, fibre and fat in almonds gives you feeling of fullness and satisfied and raises optimum performance of your body. Chewing almonds more break down the cell walls of almonds so that the nutrients are better absorbed.
3. Eating almonds provides Riboflavin, a critical nutrient which prevents all physical troubles like migrane, acne, and muscle cramp along with Vitamin E, which improves your immune system while improving your heart health. Vitamin E is also useful for bone density and strength.
4 Research indicate that twenty almonds a day would provide metabolism boosting vitamin B complex. It boosts your metabolism about 15% increasing fat burning and correcting waist line.
5. Almost 20% of your daily requirement of magnesium and phosphorus is attained by eating 20 almonds a day. Increased bone density is the effect of these nutrients in Almonds.
6. You can keep your heart healthy by eating 20 almonds a day. Nuts generally improve the conditions in the lining of arteries reducing the risk of developing blood clots and fatal heart attack. Almonds are full of various heart healthy ingredients like unsaturated fats, omega 3 fatty acids, fibre, vitamin E etc.
7. Almond skins are very important as they contain flavonoids, having anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Eating almonds with skin on can boost the cholesterol lowering effect.
8. Almonds are useful in providing sustained energy as they contain optimum balance of carbs, proteins and fat. Magnesium in almonds helps production of energy by metabolizing fat and carbohydrates. Almonds are rich source of magnesium with 80 grams per ounce.